Georgia Madchen was a character who first appeared in Buffet Froid. Suffering from a condition that affected her ability to recognize the faces of others, she killed her former best friend, Beth LeBeau, and mutilated her face because she thought she was wearing a mask. She witnessed Hannibal Lecter kill Dr. Donald Sutcliffe in a copycat murder of her M.O., though she couldn't see his face, and Hannibal framed her for the murder. She is later captured when she appears to Will, and he persuades her to come in. Dr. Lecter diagnosed her with Cotard's Syndrome, after having discussed her with Will. Georgia died in a fire that was started by static electricity from a comb that ignited the oxygen in her isolation chamber. She was killed by the same killer who killed both Cassie Boyle and Marissa Schurr, The Copycat Killer, who tricked her into starting the fire so that she wouldn't recover enough to identify him as the killer.
- "You look pretty." (Will)
- "I don't wanna remember." (to Will)
- "Feels more like a horrible dream where I killed my friend." (to Will)
- "I don't think she wants to recover, afraid to remember what she did." (Will to Lecter)
- "All her adult life, this woman was misunderstood." (Will)
- She suffers from Cotard's Syndrome, which is a rare mental disorder in which people hold a delusional belief that they are dead (figuratively or literally), do not exist, or have lost their blood or internal organs. In rare instances, it can include delusions of immortality.
- She may also suffer from Prosopagnosia, a cognitive disorder of face perception in which the ability to recognize familiar faces, including one's own face, is impaired, while other aspects of visual processing and intellectual functioning (e.g. decision making) remain intact.
- The actress Ellen Muth previously played a similarly named character in "Dead Like Me", Georgia Lass, who actually was dead. Both Lass (from middle English) and Maedchen (German) mean "Girl".